Friday, March 6, 2015

O Happy Day!



This little friend of mine is having a happy day today recalling the day that Jesus washed her sins away initially.

 I call her a friend of mine because--I used to paint at an art studio every Thursday with several friends of mine.

 One of them always painted beautiful girls/ladies.

One day I asked her if she would be willing to sell one of them and she said, "Oh, I can't--they are all friends of mine."

I thought that was so cute--if you painted a lovely lady once a week just think how soon you would be surrounded by friends if you framed them all.

I have every intention of framing some of mine but somehow just never seem to get around to it. However, they bring me such joy whenever I see just a little bit of life come from one of them--maybe a gleam in the eye, a genuine smile, a prayer from the heart--it is my goal that they speak something from God to me and to you.


A tip:  When painting teeth, use just the tiniest suggestion of paint--add some tiny, tiny dots of opaque white paint toned down with another color--in this case I used purple--as the teeth are in shadow and do not appear to be white in a picture such as this.
If I had made either the whites of the eyes of the teeth "white," they would look very unnatural and ruin the picture.

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014